Achieve a minimum of 30% energy use reduction by
2030 in all city-owned property. Expand renewable
energy and clean energy projects and implement
energy reduction policies and practices city-wide.
Reduce energy usage and increase energy efficiency in
Promote energy reduction initiatives for building owners and energy users citywide.
Identify and implement renewable energy opportunities on City properties, as well as citywide.
• Energy use intensity (amount of energy used per square foot of a building) of City owned properties
• Percent reduction of energy use in residential and municipal properties
• Percentage of energy used in City of Providence properties that comes from renewable sources
• Number of renewable energy projects in Providence
Highest Priority Actions:
• Develop an energy use baseline for all City-owned properties.
• Complete audits on City-owned buildings to identify energy efficiency opportunities.
• Convert streetlights to energy efficient technology.
• Implement an employee education campaign to engage City employees in achieving energy conservation goals.
• Identify all programs available to Providence property owners and gather data on use of programs by Providence property owners to establish a baseline of program utilization.
• Promote participation in energy reduction programs available to City property owners.
• Complete the renewable energy feasibility study of City property.