The Highway Division of DPW is among the most visible group of City employees. Highway is made up of 57 employees (including foremen) under the direction of the Highway Superintendent.
The Highway Division is responsible for the following services to the City of Providence:
• Pothole repair and road maintenance for 370 miles of roadway.
• Monitoring the safety of 50 City owned bridges.
• Cleaning and repair of City owned sidewalks.
• Plowing and Sanding of City streets during winter snow.
• Removal of litter and debris from City owned property, streets and sidewalks.
• Street sweeping of all City streets.
• Clean up following neighborhood, organizational and ethnic festivals.
• Environmental clean-ups with the City's Environmental Department during clean and liens of private property.
The Highway Division is dedicated to ensuring the City of Providence is clean and safe for all residents and visitors.
To assist us we ask that all residents and guests utilize the following tools to report unsafe road conditions, potholes and large debris dumping areas.
Providence 311: http://providenceri.com/pvd311